What is axe throwing?
- Axe throwing is a sport that involves competitors throwing an axe at a target, trying to get as close as they can to the bullseye. At BattleHawk you and your friends will spend 1-hour learning, practicing and then finally squaring off in a group tournament that will result in the crowning of an axe throwing champion(s). Our axe throwing sessions are run by trained experts who will show you how to safely handle an axe and chuck it with accuracy while giving you plenty of tips along the way.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
- YES! A waiver must be signed before entering our axe throwing arena. The waiver can be found HERE.
Is there an age limit?
- Participants must be 12 years and older to throw axes and must have a signed waiver on file by a parent or guardian.
Will someone teach me how to throw an axe?
- Absolutely! You will be with an instructor while in the axe throwing area. The first part of your experience is spent learning the safety rules and procedures of how to handle an axe. With proper instruction, practice and by following our guided procedures, you will be able to safely throw an axe by the end of your session.
How much does it cost?
- Sunday through Friday it costs $25.00 per person for an hour. Renting the lanes costs a minimum of $150.00 for up to 6 players - each additional player is $25. You may make reservations online.
- Saturdays we offer “carnival style” axe throwing at a cost of $8 per 10 axe throws. We do not take lane reservations on Saturdays.
Is axe throwing safe?
- Yes. Throwing axes is similar to other target sports. If participants follow the instructions and safety rules explained by our staff and use common sense, throwing an axe is safe. Our experienced staff are in the throwing arena with you at all times and will monitor your throws for safety and guide you through the entire process. Only participants that have gone through our safety course 1st are allowed to enter the throwing arena.
Can I bring my own axe?
- Yes...but they must be evaluated 1st by one of our managers.
Do you allow alcohol?
- No. We do not allow alcohol at in the Battlehawk Axe Arena. Combat Ops does sell alcohol outside of this attraction.
How many people can participate?
- There can be up to 12 participants in the Battlehawk Axe Arena at one time.
What are the Rules?
- No horseplay
- A waiver MUST be signed before entering the axe throwing arena.
- Only players who are throwing axes are permitted in the axe throwing area/court.
- Never joke or gesture with an axe.
- Never handle axes until told to do so.
- No open toed shoes allowed.
- Never throw an axe while a person is down range.
- Never throw an axe until given permission to do so.
- Only 1 person allowed in either lane at any time.
- If you are not throwing, you must remain behind the safety zone.
- Follow all directions given by the range official.
- We will not tolerate any misconduct. If you do not follow the previously stated rules in any way you will be asked to leave the area immediately – basically…don’t be a “DUMB-AXE!”